Inspired by everything bagels, these deviled eggs have onion, sesame seed, and caraway seed, along with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- Yield:makes 8 deviled egg halves
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 6 hard boiled or hard steamed eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon toasted dehydrated minced onion, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted caraway seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced smoked salmon, plus more for garnish (from about 4 ounces)
- Kosher Salt
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
Place all of the yolks in a medium bowl. Select 8 of the best looking egg white halves and set aside. Reserve the remaining 4 for another use. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sesame seeds, dehydrated onion, caraway seeds, and smoked salmon to yolks and, using a sturdy whisk, mash and stir together until thoroughly combined. Season with salt.
Transfer yolk filling to zipper-lock bag. Filling and egg white halves can be stored covered in the refrigerator up to overnight before filling and serving (lay egg white halves cut-side-down on a large plate and cover with plastic wrap). Cut off corner of zipper-lock bag and pipe filling mixture into egg white halves, overstuffing each hole. Garnish deviled eggs with sesame seeds, dehydrated onion, caraway seeds, smoked salmon, and scallions. Serve immediately.