Inspired by everything bagels, these deviled eggs have onion, sesame seed, and caraway seed, along with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs (Smoked Salmon, Sesame and Caraway Seeds, and Dried Onion)
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 8 deviled egg halves|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||9 In-Your-Face Deviled Egg Variations|
- 6 hard boiled or hard steamed eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon toasted dehydrated minced onion, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted caraway seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced smoked salmon, plus more for garnish (from about 4 ounces)
- Kosher Salt
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
Place all of the yolks in a medium bowl. Select 8 of the best looking egg white halves and set aside. Reserve the remaining 4 for another use. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sesame seeds, dehydrated onion, caraway seeds, and smoked salmon to yolks and, using a sturdy whisk, mash and stir together until thoroughly combined. Season with salt.
Transfer yolk filling to zipper-lock bag. Filling and egg white halves can be stored covered in the refrigerator up to overnight before filling and serving (lay egg white halves cut-side-down on a large plate and cover with plastic wrap). Cut off corner of zipper-lock bag and pipe filling mixture into egg white halves, overstuffing each hole. Garnish deviled eggs with sesame seeds, dehydrated onion, caraway seeds, smoked salmon, and scallions. Serve immediately.