This recipe appears in:9 In-Your-Face Deviled Egg Variations
Deviled eggs flavored with crisp fried Spanish chorizo and sherry vinegar, drizzled with bright red chorizo oil and smoked Spanish paprika.
- 4 ounces dry-cured Spanish style chorizo, finely diced
- 6 hard boiled or hard steamed eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
Heat chorizo in a small skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until chorizo is crisp and fat is rendered, about 2 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving extra fat separately.
Place all of the yolks in a medium bowl. Select 8 of the best looking egg white halves and set aside. Reserve the remaining 4 for another use. Add mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, and vinegar and, using a sturdy whisk, mash and stir together until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer yolk filling to zipper-lock bag. Filling and egg white halves can be stored covered in the refrigerator up to overnight before filling and serving (lay egg white halves cut-side-down on a large plate and cover with plastic wrap). Cut off corner of zipper-lock bag and pipe filling mixture into egg white halves, overstuffing each hole. Garnish with crispy chorizo, drizzle with chorizo oil, and sprinkle with parsley and smoked paprika. Serve immediately.