Blending two bar snacks into one, these deviled eggs are flavored with hot sauce, blue cheese, and celery, just like Buffalo chicken wings.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 8 deviled egg halves|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||9 In-Your-Face Deviled Egg Variations|
- 6 hard boiled or hard steamed eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Frank's Red Hot sauce, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely diced celery, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Picked celery leaves, for garnish
Place all of the yolks in a medium bowl. Select 8 of the best looking egg white halves and set aside. Reserve the remaining 4 for another use. Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, blue cheese, and celery to yolks and, using a sturdy whisk, mash and stir together until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer yolk filling to zipper-lock bag. Filling and egg white halves can be stored covered in the refrigerator up to overnight before filling and serving (lay egg white halves cut-side-down on a large plate and cover with plastic wrap). Cut off corner of zipper-lock bag and pipe filling mixture into egg white halves, overstuffing each hole. Garnish deviled eggs with hot sauce, blue cheese, celery, and celery leaves. Serve immediately.