A classic sweet, spicy, and savory accompaniment for grilled meats.
Note: Use gloves while chopping chilies and carefully scrub cutting board when finished.
- 10 to 12 red Thai bird chilies, finely minced (see note above)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 cup palm or light brown sugar sugar
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a small sealable container. Shake well, set aside, and allow sugar to dissolve, shaking every 10 minutes or so. When sugar is fully dissolved, store in refrigerator until ready to use. Sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.