You can't get this in a box. These completely addictive, delicate crackers pack a big smokey, cheesy punch.
This recipe is adapted from the blog Drizzle and Dip.
- Yield:makes about 3 dozen
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:45 minutes
- 10 tablespoons (5 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (about 6 ounces) all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika
- fresh ground black pepper
- Smoked salt (or sea salt) for sprinkling on top
Toss butter, Parmesan, cheddar, flour, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper with fingers in large bowl until combined. Using hands, press mixture into a dough. Roll dough into a log 2 1/4 inches diameter and tightly wrap in parchment paper, twisting ends of parchment to keep log tight. Chill 45 minutes or until just firm.
Adjust oven racks to lower and upper middle positions and preheat to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Remove paper from log and slice into 1/8-thick discs. Space evenly on pans. Sprinkle with smoked salt and bake until a deep golden brown, about 15 minutes, rotating pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Let crackers cool completely on pans.