Inspired by the classic British recipe, these mini Yorkshire puddings are seasoned with dill and garlic and cooked in a muffin tin. Topped with smoked salmon and a fiery horseradish cream, they make for a fast, easy, and original brunch.
Why this recipe works:
- Adding fresh dill to the batter gives the Yorkshire puddings a major flavor boost that pairs perfectly with smoked salmon.
- While traditional recipes call for cooking the pudding under a roast to catch all its drippings, this version cooks the Yorkies in a muffin tin so that they bake more quickly and are easier to divide among diners.
Dill Yorkshire Puddings With Smoked Salmon and Horseradish Cream
About This Recipe
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
|Special equipment:||12-well muffin tin|
|This recipe appears in:||Sunday Brunch: Dill Yorkshire Puddings With Smoked Salmon and Horseradish Cream|
- For the Yorkshire Puddings:
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For the Horseradish Cream:
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Sliced scallions, to garnish
- Thinly sliced lemon, to garnish
For the Yorkshire Pudding: Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450°F. Combine the eggs, flour, milk, and garlic in a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl. Mix in chopped dill and season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
For the Horseradish Cream: In a medium bowl, whisk together the crème fraîche and horseradish and season with salt and pepper.
Divide vegetable oil between muffin wells. Place muffin tin in oven and heat until oil is lightly smoking, about 10 minutes. Remove muffin tin from oven and working quickly, divide batter among the muffin cups. Return to oven and bake until Yorkshire puddings are puffed and golden, about 15 minutes.
Serve the Yorkshire puddings immediately with smoked salmon and horseradish cream, garnishing with scallions and sliced lemon.