- 1 (4-inch) section celery (about 3/4 ounces)
- Pinch salt
- 1 (2-inch) section English cucumber (about 2 1/2 ounces), peeled
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice, from 1 to 2 limes
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces seltzer, chilled
- Garnish: cucumber slice (optional)
Slice celery and cucumber into 1/2 inch slices. Add celery and salt to cocktail shaker and muddle until broken up. Add cucumber and agave nectar, muddle until smashed, about 20 seconds.
Add lime juice and tequila to shaker and fill 2/3 full with ice. Shake until well chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into highball glass. Top with seltzer, stir gently and serve with cucumber slice garnish if desired.