Taking a cue from Kansas City barbecue sauce, this ketchup delivers the sweet tang with a little heat, without being overwhelmingly strong.
About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment every other Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every other Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Makes about 3/4 cups|
|Active time:||3 minutes|
|Total time:||3 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||10 Quick and Easy Ketchup Variations|
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite barbecue rub
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, hot sauce, Worcestershire, barbecue rub, mustard, onion powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator for up to a month.