Chewy peanut butter cookies with dark chocolate chips.
- Yield:makes 2 dozen cookies
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:2 hours 25 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Beat in peanut butter. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for two hours.
Adjust oven rack to lower and upper middle positions and preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to gather some dough, then roll dough into a smooth ball using your hands. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Bake cookies until they are just brown on the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.