This combination of red bell pepper, carrot, and tomato juices gets a punch of heat from fresh horseradish and garlic.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 2
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh carrot juice from about 2 large carrots
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic juice from 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fresh red bell pepper juice from about 1 very large or 2 medium-sized red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh cherry tomato juice from about 1 dry pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish root
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for rimming glasses
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
Rim two juice glasses with salt: fill 1 saucer with water and sprinkle 1 saucer with kosher salt. Dip glasses into water then immediately into salt, turning glasses in salt to coat rims evenly.
Stir juices together, add horseradish and salt, and stir thoroughly. Divide between two glasses, garnish with lemon wedges, if desired, and serve immediately.