- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4 medium) quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, ends and white parts discarded, green parts thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 (6 ounce)salmon fillets, skin on
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- For the Vinaigrette
- 10 anchovy fillets, preferably packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Season generously with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until tender and fork slides in easily, 15 to 20 minutes. When done, drain in a colander. Toss in a large bowl with green scallions and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Season salmon fillets on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add salmon fillets skin side down, and carefully press the fillets down with a spatula or your fingers for a few seconds so that the skin has full contact with the skillet. Cook until browned on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip fillets and cook for 1 minute on the other side. Remove fillets and set aside.
For the vinaigrette: Purée the anchovies, lemon juice, capers, and parsley in a food processor. With the blades running, pour in the olive oil and heavy cream until the sauce is smooth and thick, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve salmon fillets and potatoes with the creamy vinaigrette on the side.