Whiz, steak, and onions, what's not to love?
- Yield:Serves 8 to 10
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound finely sliced ribeye, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 (15 ounce) jar cheese spread (such as Cheez Whiz)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat until shimmering. Add steak and cook until well browned, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer steak to a plate, leaving as much fat in pan as possible.
Reduce heat to medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and browned around edges, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese sauce and heat until smooth and saucy, stirring occasionally. Stir in steak. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.