Adding a little cooked oatmeal to this blueberrry smoothie means it has serious staying power.
Note: This recipe is a great way to use leftover cooked oats. If you need to make some from scratch, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add ½ cup steel cut oats. Reduce heat to low and cook oats for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Let cool before using.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:makes 2 servings
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk, such as Silk, or dairy milk
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup cooked, cooled steel cut oats (see note)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon zest and 2 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon
Place soy milk, blueberries, steel cut oats, honey, ginger, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice into blender. Blend until smooth, about 40 seconds. Serve.