About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment every other Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every other Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
Italian Herb and Cheese Dip
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Serves 8 to 10|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Sauced: 6 Cheese Dips for Your Super Bowl Party|
- 1/2 pound low-moisture whole-milk mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound Italian fontina cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons freshly minced garlic, about 3 medium cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon zest from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place mozzarella and fontina in a medium bowl and toss with cornstarch until evenly coated. Set aside.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in evaporated milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add mozzarella, fontina, and Parmesan. Stir constantly until cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.