This recipe appears in:Garlicky Oven-Roasted Green Bean Salad With Hazelnuts and Blue Cheese
About the author: Jennifer Olvera is a veteran food and travel writer and author of "Food Lovers' Guide to Chicago." Follow her on Twitter @olverajennifer.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 3/4 pound green beans, ends snapped off
- 3/4 pound wax beans, ends snapped off
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 ounces hazelnuts, crushed and lightly toasted
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
Place beans in a large baking pan. Season with salt and pepper and toss with vinegar, olive oil and garlic. Transfer to oven to roast until beans just start to get tender, taking care they don't lose their snap, about 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Add hazelnuts and blue cheese, toss to combine, and serve immediately.