- Yield:makes one dozen mini muffins
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:25 minutes
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 egg`
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease with butter. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream, and egg. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Let batter stand 5 minutes for oats to absorb some liquid. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling 3/4 way. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 2 days.