This rich berry-avocado-date smoothie plays homage to the flavors of the Golden State.
Note: This makes a rich, thick smoothie. If you prefer a thinner texture, add more milk or almond milk to taste.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
The Californian Smoothie (Avocado-Berry Smoothie)
About This Recipe
|Active time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||From the Blender: The Californian Smoothie|
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (about 4 ounces)
- 4 dates, pitted (about 1 ounce)
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) whole milk or unsweetened almond milk, such as Silk brand
- 1 tablespoon honey
Add avocado, raspberries, strawberries, dates, milk, and honey to the jar of a blender. Turn blender to low and blend until roughly pureed, about 30 seconds. Gradually increase speed to high and blend until smooth, about 1 minute longer. Serve.