- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 thick-cut slices of bacon (preferably 1/4-inch thick)
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- For the Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane grater
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cook bacon in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain slices on paper towels.
Pour 6 cups water into a medium-sized saucepan and carefully drop the eggs in. Bring to a bare simmer (between 180 to 190°F) over high heat, and then reduce heat to lowest setting, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Drain eggs in a colander. Run cold water over them until cool enough to handle, and then peel each one under cold water. Dry on paper towels. Slice each in half lengthwise.
For the Ranch Dressing: Whisk together all of the ingredients for the ranch dressing in a medium bowl. Taste and, if necessary, add more salt.
Place 2 wedges, 2 egg halves, and 1 slice of bacon on four plates. Dress each with approximately 1/4 cup ranch dressing and 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese.