This recipe appears in:The Food Lab: How to Roast Fall and Winter Vegetables
Caramelized roasted cauliflower with a pine nut, raisin, and caper vinaigrette.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 500°F. Toss cauliflower with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until cauliflower is tender and deeply browned on both sides, about 20 minutes total, flipping cauliflower with a thin metal spatula half way through roasting.
While cauliflower roasts, combine remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, honey, capers, pine nuts, raisins, and parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer cooked cauliflower to a serving plate and spoon dressing on top. Serve immediately.