Tangy Slow-Cooker Brisket With Potatoes and Sweet Peppers
About This Recipe
|Active time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||10 hours|
|Special equipment:||Slow cooker|
|This recipe appears in:||Sunday Supper: Tangy Slow Cooker Brisket With Potatoes and Sweet Peppers|
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 3 pound beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 pounds small potatoes, such as fingerlings
- 2 14.5-ounce cans fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan until shimmering. Season brisket with salt and pepper and brown on both sides.
Transfer brisket to a slow cooker and add remaining ingredients. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or until tender.
Remove brisket from slow cooker and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain. Place on a platter along with vegetables. Spoon sauce on top or place in a gravy boat to pass alongside.