Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:35 minutes
- 1 pound puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 red pears, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound gruyère cheese, grated
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 400°F. Divide puff pastry into 4 rectangles and place on 2 baking sheets.
Melt butter in a medium stainless steel skillet over medium high heat. Add pears and thyme and cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide pear mixture between puff pastry, then top each tart with shredded cheese. Bake until tarts are golden, rotating the sheet trays half way through, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.