Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 8
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:45 minutes
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
Combine cranberries, pears, white sugar, water, brown sugar, orange juice, grated ginger, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until berries start to pop, about 5 minutes. Press berries against side of pan with wooden spoon and continue to cook until berries have broken down and sauce thickens to a jam-like consistency, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes. Adjust consistency with water as needed. Stir in crystallized ginger. Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Can be served cold or reheated.