Notes:Chilling the mixer bowl and whip helps to whip the cream faster. Depending on the size and shape of your bowl, the amount of pumpkin mixture and Golden Graham Cereal may differ. So that the trifle looks it's prettiest, aim for at least 3 layers of pumpkin filling and at least 2 layers of cereal.
This post was created in partnership with Hello Cereal Lovers
- Yield:Serves 10 to 12
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:3 hours 30 minutes
- 3 cups heavy cream cold, divided
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (or 2 teaspoons rum flavoring), optional
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups Golden Grahams® cereal, divided
Whip cream on medium speed using mixer fitted with whip attachment until cream beginning to thicken. Add granulated sugar and rum (if using), increase speed to medium high, and continue to beat until cream is soft to medium peak. Transfer to bowl and keep chilled.
Beat cream cheese on mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until softened. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla, and beat until combined. Gently fold about 1 1/2 cups of the chilled whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
Spoon about 2 cups of the pumpkin mixture into bottom of serving bowl. Sprinkle with about 2 cups Golden Grahams® cereal, reserving 1 cup for garnish. Continue to layer pumpkin mixture with cereal (see note) ending the top layer with remaining whipped cream. Chill to set and to let cereal soften, about 3 hours. Sprinkle with remaining cup of Golden Grahams® cereal just before serving.
©2013 and ®/™ of General Mills