About the author: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt is the Chief Creative Officer of Serious Eats where he likes to explore the science of home cooking in his weekly column The Food Lab. You can follow him at @thefoodlab on Twitter, or at The Food Lab on Facebook.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serve 4
- Active time: 5 minutes (plus 45 minutes to make gnocchi)
- Total time:15 minutes (plus 45 minutes to make gnocchi)
- 2 tablepsoons unsalted butter
- 1 recipe Parisian Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Adjust rack to 6 to 8 inches below broiler element and preheat broiler to high. Heat butter in a 12-inch cast iron skillet or two 10-inch cast iron skillets over medium-high heat until foaming subsides and butter starts to brown. Add gnocchi in a single layer and toss to coat with browned butter. Cover with cheese, then transfer to broiler. Cook until puffed and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.