Playing up the tart, fruity side of Concord grapes, this drink pairs fresh purple grape puree with floral St. Germain elderflower liqueur in a variation in the classic French 75.
Note: To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Simple syrup will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Fall French 75
About This Recipe
|Yield:||1 cocktail, makes enough grape puree for 4 cocktails|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
|Special equipment:||blender, fine mesh strainer|
|This recipe appears in:||3 Concord Grape Cocktail Recipes to Celebrate Fall|
- For the Concord Grape Puree:
- 1 1/2 cups Concord grapes, stems removed (about 8 ounces with stems)
- 1/4 teaspoon juice from 1 lemon
- For the Cocktail:
- 1 ounce London dry gin, such as Beefeater
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Concord grape puree
- 1/4 ounce juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (see note above)
- 2 ounces chilled sparkling wine, or more to taste
For the Concord Grape Puree: Puree the grapes in a blender on medium until only small pieces of skin remain. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, pressing and stirring the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids, stir the lemon juice into the the resulting liquid, and refrigerate if not using immediately.
For the Cocktail: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the gin, St. Germain, grape puree, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake until well chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass or flute and top with 2 ounces sparkling wine.