Soft-scrambled eggs and garlicky spinach tucked into a tortilla with salsa and crispy bacon bits.
- Yield:Serves 2 to 3
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 quart packed flat leaf spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought salsa verde
- 4 soft flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Crumbled queso cotija or feta cheese, lime wedges, and sliced scallions and cilantro for garnish
Cook bacon in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon, leaving fat behind.
Add garlic to bacon fat and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and pale golden, about 1 minute. Add half of spinach and cook until wilted, about 30 seconds. Add remaining spinach and cook until wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and wipe out skillet.
Melt butter in now-empty skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until no longer watery but still moist, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate.
Spread salsa over each tortilla and divide spinach evenly. Divide eggs on top of spinach and top with crumbled bacon. Serve immediately with crumbled queso cotija or feta cheese, lime wedges, and sliced scallions and cilantro.