The uncanny creaminess of frozen bananas, their best friend Nutella, and rich, tangy coconut milk yogurt, found at many health food stores, combine for this treat.
Note: Rather than throwing them in the freezer whole and later getting frustrated trying to peel them once they're frozen, I've tried to get in the habit of peeling bananas before freezing them in a Ziploc bag. Definitely not rocket science, but it works best for this recipe.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 2
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 container vanilla coconut milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2/3 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- Coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
Combine frozen bananas, yogurt, Nutella, coconut milk, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and clove in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Serve garnished with coconut flakes if desired.