About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment every other Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every other Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Quick Fruit and Citrus Barbecue Sauce
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Makes about 2 cups|
|Active time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
- 18 ounces bottled barbecue sauce (1 1/2 cups), preferably Bull's-Eye
- 1/3 cup mango juice
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon habanero hot sauce, plus more to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, mango juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice, lime juice, honey, ginger, and habanero hot sauce. Season with additional hot sauce to taste. Use immediately or pour back in bottle and store in refrigerator for up to a month.