This recipe appears in:Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs With Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Mayonnaise, and Potato Chips
Deep fried bacon-wrapped hot dogs topped with a quick salsa made with avocado, tomato, onions, and pickled jalapeños, along with mayonnaise and potato chips.
- 8 natural casing hot dogs
- 8 strips thick-cut bacon
- 2 quarts peanut oil
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted or steamed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 to 4 pickled jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small bag potato chips, crushed
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Wrap each hot dog with bacon in a spiral pattern, securing ends of bacon with toothpicks. In a deep fryer, wok, or Dutch oven, heat peanut oil to 350°F. Add hot dogs and cook until bacon is crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Combine avocado, onion, tomato, jalapeño, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and toss gently to combine.
Top hot dogs with mayonnaise, avocado mixture, crushed chips, and cilantro. Serve immediately.