Take the campfire inside with these toasty marshmallow treats.
Notes: A handheld butane torch for cooking can be found in kitchen and hardware stores. If you don't have one, place pan briefly under broiler to toast marshmallows. Take care as pan will be hot.
- 14 ounces graham crackers, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 13 tablespoons (6 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked salt, optional (see note)
- 8 ounces mini marshmallows
Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, water, and melted butter in a large bowl until moistened. Firmly press into bottom of 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
Heat chocolate and cream in medium heatproof bowl in microwave or over pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Spread over crust and then sprinkle with salt and marshmallows.
Chill until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes. Using handheld torch, lightly brown marshmallows. Cut into squares and serve.