Refreshing and tangy, this lightly flavored juice will keep you happily hydrated on hot summer days.
Note: Start with very cold ingredients and juice them in the order listed to maximize yield. If your juicer has multiple speeds, use a slower one for all ingredients. Watermelon juice has a tendency to separate if left to sit and can come to resemble something from a horror movie. Resist stabbing it with a knife to save your family—a simple stir with a spoon before serving should do the trick.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 2
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fresh watermelon juice from about 6 cups diced watermelon flesh
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fresh cucumber juice from about 1 large cucumber
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/4 ounce) fresh mint juice from about 15 mint leaves with stems
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh lime juice from 1 to 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
Stir juices together thoroughly (along with sugar, if using). Divide between two ice-filled glasses and serve immediately, or keep refrigerated for up to a day and stir well before serving.