About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
About This Recipe
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Sauced: Puttanesca|
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, roughly broken up by hand
- 1/2 cup black olives, preferably oil-cured, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place olive oil, anchovies, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bubbles form around the garlic, about 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, olives, and capers and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately over pasta.