Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, roughly broken up by hand
- 1/2 cup black olives, preferably oil-cured, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place olive oil, anchovies, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bubbles form around the garlic, about 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, olives, and capers and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately over pasta.