About the author: Denise Dsilva Sankhe is a writer & creative director by profession. But that's only when she isn't eating her way across India. She recreates this delicious cuisine in her Mumbai home, which she shares with her husband, who has long since given up his determination to have salads for dinner.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2-3 small green chillis (such as Thai bird chilies) slit lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided.
Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add chili powder, ciilantro, chilies, onion, and tomato. Whisk until aerated and frothy, about 2 minutes.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a heavy-bottomed non-stick 10-inch skillet, over medium heat until shimmering. Gently pour in half the omelette mixture in and fry over medium heat until the bottom is set and golden brown, about 1 minute. Flip over gently and fry until second side is golden brown, about a minute longer. Slide onto a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and egg mixture. Serve immediately.