This recipe appears in:Wake and Bake: Baked Apricots with Brown Sugar Streusel
Apricots are halved and topped with a brown sugar, oat, and almond streusel then baked in the oven until juicy. Serve them warm alongside yogurt for an easy breakfast.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 2 apricots, halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Yogurt for serving (optional)
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425°F. Place apricots cut-site up in baking dish.
In a small bowl, whisk together oats, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Add melted butter and mix until well combined.
Divide oat topping evenly among apricots, mounding on top of each fruit. Bake until oats are golden and apricots are soft, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly then serve warm or at room temperature, with yogurt on the side if desired.