These savory mini muffins use both corn meal and whole corn kernels, plus dill for an herbal kick.
Corn Dill Mini Muffins
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes about 2 dozen mini muffins|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
|Special equipment:||24 cup mini muffin tin|
|This recipe appears in:||Wake and Bake: Corn Dill Mini Muffins|
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup medium ground corn meal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, not thawed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
Preheat oven to 400°F and grease muffin cups with butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt, and pepper; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together butter, egg, and sour cream until evenly combined. Stir in dill. Add dry ingredients and mix until batter comes together. Fold in corn kernels.
Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden on top and a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, 10-12 minutes.