Carrots and peas are often served together hot, so why not try them together cold in this springtime salad?
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
Carrot, Pea, and Mint Salad
About This Recipe
|Total time:||15 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Serious Salads: Springtime Carrot, Pea, and Mint Salad|
- 2 teaspoons honey (or agave nectar for a vegan version)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus a spring for garnish
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and very thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted and patted dry, or fresh peas, boiled until tender and shocked in ice water
In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and mint. Add the carrots and peas and toss well to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with a spring of fresh mint, if desired.