About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
Spicy Peanut Sauce
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Makes about 1 1/2 cups|
|Active time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Sauced: Spicy Peanut Sauce|
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter and hot water.
Stir in curry paste, sugar, Sriracha, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and scallions. Season with salt to taste. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.