Orange zest and honey make a sweet, citrusy background for almond-oat clusters.
Honey Almond Granola
About This Recipe
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
|Special equipment:||baking sheet, whisk|
|This recipe appears in:||Wake and Bake: Honey Almond Granola|
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest from about 1 large orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, stir together oats, almonds, zest and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, honey, and almond extract then pour over the oats and toss to coat.
Spread granola out on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely then break into clusters.