Creamy sweetened cream cheese topped with bright red strawberries makes a great early spring dessert. And the best part? It's no-bake. Just press the graham cracker crumbs in the pan, fill, top with berries, and chill.
Notes: If starting with graham crumbs, use 3 cups.
- Yield:serves 12
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:3 hours 30 minutes
- 12 ounces graham crackers
- 1 1/4 cups (4 ounces) confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (5 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon zest from one lemon
- 2/3 cup (about 5 ounces) heavy cream
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/3 cup (about 3 ounces) apple jelly, warmed
Process graham crackers with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and salt until finely ground. Transfer to large bowl and stir in butter until moistened. Firmly press into bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan.
Using standing mixer with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese with remaining 1 1/8 cups confectioners' sugar on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Mix in lemon juice and zest. Transfer to large bowl.
Place whip attachment on mixer and whip cream on medium high speed to stiff peak. Fold into cream cheese mixture and spread into crust. Place whole strawberries on top and brush with jelly. Chill at least 3 hours to set.