This recipe appears in:From the Juicer: Power Potion
This brightly colored juice is a sweet combination of beets, carrots, apples, clementines, and ginger.
Note: Juice the ingredients in the order listed for maximum yield. Except for the clementines, there is no need to peel ingredients as long as you've scrubbed them well to remove any earthy bits. I sometimes trim the ends of beets and carrots if they look a little too gnarly. Use your power-judgment.
About the author: Carolyn Cope is the voice behind the popular food and lifestyle blog Umami Girl, where she'll soon be releasing a free e-book filled with easy ways to incorporate more healthy, plant-based foods into your life. She is equal parts live-to-eat and eat-to-live and currently does both from London.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 2/3 cup (5 1/2 ounces) fresh beet juice from about 2 medium beets, including some stems
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh carrot juice from about 2 medium carrots
- 2 teaspoons (1/3 ounce) fresh ginger juice from an about 1-inch piece ginger
- 1/3 cup (5 1/2 ounces) fresh clementine juice from about 2 clementines, peeled
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh apple juice from about 1 large apple, cored and quartered
Stir juices together thoroughly, divide between two glasses, and serve immediately.