This recipe appears in:Sauced: Guasacaca
About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, seeded and roughly diced
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and roughly chopped(optional)
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup packed roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup packed roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place avocados, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño (if using), garlic, cilantro, parsley, vinegar, and lime juice in the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until everything is finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil through feed tube. Process until sauce is completely smooth.
Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowl and serve immediately.