Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
Garlicky Shrimp de Jonghe
About This Recipe
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
|Special equipment:||Casserole dish|
|This recipe appears in:||Sunday Supper: Garlicky Shrimp de Jonghe|
- 2 pounds peeled, deveined, raw jumbo shrimp
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Arrange shrimp evenly across the bottom.
Place sherry, butter, garlic, parsley, thyme, onion, breadcrumbs and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and pulse to combine until it becomes a paste-like mixture. Spread evenly over shrimp.
Transfer to oven and bake until shrimp is firm and no longer translucent, and breadcrumbs are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.