Chipotle powder provides both heat and smokiness for this recipe, but any mild or hot chili powder can be used.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
Chili Lime Jicama Sticks
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Bar Bites: Chili Lime Jicama Sticks|
- 2 pounds jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch sticks
- 1/4 fresh lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chipotle powder, to taste
Combine the jicama, lime juice, cilantro, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl and toss until well-incorporated. Place the dressed jicama on a large platter and season with salt, pepper, and chipotle powder. Serve immediately.