About the author: Joshua Bousel brings you new, tasty condiment each Wednesday and a recipe for weekend grilling every Friday. He also writes about grilling and barbecue on his blog The Meatwave whenever he can be pulled away from his grill.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
Rosemary and Lemon White Bean Dip
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes about 2 cups|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
|Special equipment:||Food processor|
|This recipe appears in:||Sauced: Rosemary and Lemon White Bean Dip|
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place beans, garlic, and lemon juice in the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until beans are roughly chopped.
With motor running, slowly pour 1/4 cup of oil through feed tube. Process until mixture is smooth.
Transfer bean mixture to a small bowl. Stir in rosemary, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.