This recipe appears in:Cookie Monster: Coconut Pineapple Gems
A tropical take on the classic jam filled cookie.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (4 2/3 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 1/3 cups pineapple jam
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour until smooth dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Adjust oven rack to middle and lower positions and preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in egg wash then coconut flakes to cover. Use your thumb or the back of a teaspoon to make an indent in each cookie. Fill each indent with jam. Bake cookies until lightly golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.