Swapped by Christine Tsai.
Adapted from saveur.com.
These recipes from our annual Serious Eats Cookie Swap are provided by Serious Eats staff, friends, and family. They have not been tested by our recipe team.
- Yield:Makes about 5 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 11/2 pound roughly chopped white chocolate
- 1 pound roughly chopped roasted and salted macadamia nuts
Heat oven to 325°F.
Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter on medium speed of a hand mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until smooth; beat in vanilla.
Add dry ingredients, and beat until just combined; stir in chocolate and nuts.
Using a 1-ounce. ice cream scoop or 2 spoons, portion and shape dough into balls, and place balls 2 1/2-inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 14 minutes.