Fudgy chocolate brownies studded with pieces of creamy white chocolate peppermint bark.
adapted from Mark Bittman's brownies
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:makes sixteen 2-inch square brownies or nine 3-inch square brownies
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:40 minutes
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped peppermint bark
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8- by 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Butter paper.
In a small saucepan, combine butter and chocolate and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until just melted. Stir until smooth. Take off heat and stir in sugar. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour and salt until combined. Add 1/2 of chopped peppermint bark to batter and stir to incorporate.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining peppermint bark. Bake until brownies are dry on top and just cooked through but still gooey in the center, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.