This recipe appears in:How To Make PDT's Nolet's Noël
Damson plums dance with Douglas fir, citrus, and gin in this festively refreshing cocktail.
Note: PDT owner Jim Meehan recommends using Petite Canne syrup in this recipe. Alternatively, you could use a rich demerara syrup (2 parts demerara sugar to 1 part water), though Meehan warns it may be a bit rich for this recipe.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- 1 1/2 ounces Averell Damson Gin Liqueur
- 3/4 ounce Nolet’s Gin
- 1/2 ounce Clear Creek Douglas Fir Eau de Vie
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juce from 1 lime
- 1/2 ounce fresh grapfruit juice from 1 grapefruit
- 1 barspoon cane syrup, such as Petite Canne
- Garnish: Sprig of Douglas fir or rosemary
Add Damson liqueur, gin, fir eau de vie, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and cane syrup to shaker. Fill with ice and shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
Double-strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with sprig of Douglas-fir and serve.